Thursday 12 December 2013

Nail Varnish Storage Ideas



All photos have been taken from Pinterest
 

I'm currently going through the planning stages of re-decorating my bedroom: I say planning stages, because I've so far changed my mind about the colour scheme three times and I'm undecided on what sort of feel I'm going for. But one of my most solid (and probably most necessary) ideas is that to re-organise my make-up. At the moment it's mostly tucked away in drawers (to see my actual organisation click here) and I've decided I'd like to display it properly.
 
So I took to Pinterest to give me some inspiration and thought I'd share with you guys my favourite picks.
 
The first is to display my polishes in a beautiful glass storage jar. This idea to me seems to be a good one and a bad one: it's very pretty but seemingly impractical. Imagine wanting the polish at the bottle of the jar? The second and most realistic is to use a spice rack. I adore this idea, I think the polishes look so organised and you'd be able to see exactly what colours you have from a glance. The red ones are actually the Ikea spice racks which are just £3 each! Finally, the third idea is to display them on a cake stand. I think this one is so cute and would definitely look the prettiest on a dressing table, maybe with a few perfumes and make-up bits within the mix, too.
 
What do you think of these ideas? And how do you organise your nail varnish collection?
 
Look out for a few more photo based posts as I gain more ideas and inspiration (probably from Pinterest)!
 
xx

6 comments:

  1. Love these ideas Lauren! I often toy with the idea of glass jar storage but I switch my nail colours up so much that it wouldn't be convenient. I think I'll probably just invest in an acrylic shelf set and pop it in my wardrobe for easy access. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you! and yeah, I'm exactly the same I'm a nightmare haha xx

      Delete
  2. The idea of a cake stand is cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the spice rack idea. The one with all the Essie nail polishes looks really cute.
    You asked me before about doing a photo diary of France so I did just that :) I hope you like it!
    http://misslaurabora.blogspot.ie/2013/12/goodbye-france-hello-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & I just checked it out, I loved it :) xx

      Delete