Monday 30 December 2013

My (Beauty) To Do List Before 2014!

 
 
There's a tradition that I heard I don't even know how long ago about the new year that has stuck with me ever since: never leave anything unfinished.
 
So while I've blitzed my post-Christmas bedroom (which included wrapping paper-littered floors and presents that still hadn't found a home), I got to thinking about my beauty related things that needed doing. Thus, my beauty to do list was born.
 
Sorry about the dodgy photo quality, I took this picture on my phone!
 
 
Things To Do:
 
- Clean my make-up brushes. This involves all of my brushes, even the ones that I may or may not have used a few months ago that are still coated with a dusting of forgotten eye shadow or the wrong shade of foundation. I was lucky enough to receive the Real Techniques Core Collection for Christmas from my boyfriend's mum and although I've only had them a few days, they could do with a clean. To see how I clean my make-up brushes, click here.
 
- Empty my make-up bag and refresh with new products. I'm the sort of person that overfills their make-up bag with 'that lipstick I want to try' and all sorts of other random things that never see the light of day. So I've decided to clear out my make-up bag of all of these products (plus an insane amount of bobby pins) and to only replace the ones that I need. Also prime opportunity to introduce some new products into my routine.
 
- Clear out unwanted toiletries. As I'm sure everyone else did, I received quite a few shower gel gift sets this Christmas and my mum is also re-decorating our bathroom so I've decided to sort out my shower gel/bubble bath/body spray collection and to donate all my unopened and unwanted bits and pieces to a charity shop.
 
- Throw away empties. Following on from the point above, I'm 99% sure that I have more than a few empties lurking on my bathroom shelf. Now is the time to get rid of all of my empties!
 
- Re-organise make-up. As I think I've mentioned previously, I'm currently going through the re-decoration of my bedroom and I'm looking for some new ways to store and display my make-up. There are a few things I'd like to start using and a few that could do with being re-homed so new year is the perfect opportunity to start!
 
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and have a wonderful new year! xx


4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I might do this tomorrow before 2014 arrives, I'm so terrible with beauty tasks that aren't skincare or putting make-up on! Hope you have a lovely New Year's, Lauren, and thank you for the little comment on my blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! and you're welcome! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Haha, cleaning make up brushes - bain of my lifeee! I love your blog, its so cute and girly! Looks very professional and classy. I've followed you on bloglovin so I can keep up with your posts - hopefully you can do the same? Maybe check out my blog if you have a spare few minutes? :) danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much! & yeah, definitely, I've followed back :) x

      Delete