Wednesday 3 April 2013

LUSH Shampoo Bar 'Seanik' REVIEW!



On an impromptu trip into town on a freezing cold Sunday afternoon with the boyfriend recently, we were stumbling around in our knitwear on the way to ANOTHER gaming store when we passed LUSH and, obviously, I dragged him inside to 'get out of the cold for a minute'. At least that's what I told him.

I've always been a big fan of LUSH for their super-inventive products and the gorgeous scents that accompany said products, but I've never really been truly commited. That was until I picked up a copy of 'The Lush Times' (Lush's newspaper version of a brochure) and read Dame Vivienne Westwood's article about Global Warming. I thought a lot about how I could switch up my normal cosmetics and products in exchange for ones that are more planet-friendly.

Which is why I picked up this Shampoo Bar (£5.25). After discussing my requirements with the sales assistant, I decided upon 'Seanik', an ocean-inspired bar with softening seaweed and volumising sea salt. I was a bit skeptical of it's abilities at first but now it's safe to say I'm in love.





How to use:

To my pleasant surprise, this bar bubbles up extremely well, meaning I only need a light lather on my fine shoulder-length hair. You simply wet your hair down (works best when your hair is literally soaked) and rub the bar three to four times around your head. Personally I swirl once on my hair line, once half-way down my hair and once near the ends to create even bubble coverage.


Results:

My hair felt soft and manageable with a subtle, natural bounce. It gave me the all of the volume and texture of a sea-salt spray but without the heavy product residue. I wash my hair with this every two to three days and it's still the same size that it was when I purchased it. It's supposed to last 80 - 100 washes (depending on hair length and thickness) and for me, I think that's possible. 

How to store:

The key to making this last in to allow it to dry properly. I leave mine in my bathroom window sill and then transfer it to my old Sanctuary Spa Scrub tub to keep it hidden from my 5 year old sister! 


xo
 
Edit: I have recently uploaded an updated post on this shampoo bar, talking about how I've been getting on with it since I bought it and the size it is now. here



2 comments:

  1. The image of going in and out of games shops is all too familiar to me too haha! My boyfriend wont even go into lush because of the smell - giving me all the time in the world to enjoy it and have a good chat with the sale assistants! I was really surprised when I used the shampoo bars; I never thought that they would be so foamy! I think another trip to lush is in order.... xx

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange really because my boyfriend loves going in there now! I think I've converted him haha, he always buys bath bombs and soaps for his mum, he's such a mummy's boy! & I know, I was surprised too! The sales assistant showed me how easily it foamed up but I was still a bit skeptical until I got home and tried it for myself! xx

      Delete