Monday 15 April 2013

Current Make-Up Faves


Hey guys! 

So last week was a hectic one! After chilling out for the whole of the Easter holidays, it seems like life's been running on overdrive. Today's been my first 'pause' day, so I thought I'd share a post on my current make-up faves. 
These products are the ones that I cart around with me everywhere. Some are the basic staples of my beauty routine and others are more recent introductions that I've fallen in love with already. 
I've noticed recently that there are a lot more lip products than eye products, something that has honestly shocked me. I've always been one for jet black liner and long, curly lashes but I've been coming into my (lip) colours lately and I've found a few shades that I can wear with confidence.

I apologize that they're not numbered/labeled but it should be pretty straightforward as to which product is which.
Colour Trend Fresh Face Oil Free Foundation (Ivory Beige) - Not going to lie, this foundation isn't the best coverage-wise so I have to use a fair amount but it's the best colour-match I've found for my pale skin tone. It also blends really well, and doesn't cake over spots like some others I've tried. Avon, £4.75.

Collection 2000 Cover Up Stick (Fair) - As I'm sure any other blogger would agree, Collection 2000 concealers are literally the Holy Grail of the beauty world. It's easy to blend, gives amazing coverage and has a perfect price! Boots, £1.99.

Natural Collection Blusher (Pink Cloud) - This was a recent purchase of mine and I love it already. Great on top of foundation, or if I'm in a rush I just dab a little on my cheek bones with my fingers. The pigment of this small pot is incredible! (For a full review, plus more photos, check out the blog post). Boots, £1.99.

Kohl Eyeliner (Black) - I use this on my water lines (bottom and top) and it lasts remarkably well. It's not massively pigmented (it appears more of a dark grey when I use it on my lid), but it's always handy to carry around. Primark, £1.00 for two.

Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara (Black) - My all time favourite mascara. It literally does everything - curls, thickens, lengthens and will last me from 7:00am til 7:00pm without flaking or loosing curl. I adore this! Boots, £8.99.

The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm (Raspberry) - Moisturises and tints my lips with a lovely soft pink shade. I use this when I'm running late and don't have time for proper lipstick application. Also smells delicious! The Body Shop, £2.00.

LUSH Lip Scrub (Bubblegum) - If I could only live with one lip product...! This gorgeous sugary stuff buffs my lips leaving them super smooth, a definite saviour after this long winter! Smells incredible, tastes incredible, leaves a gentle tint on my lips that goes great with a 'barely there' make up look. Lush, £5.25.

Make Up Academy Lipstick (Shade 4) - This bubblegum pink lipstick is such a bargain! It's moist enough to apply straight onto lips without the use of a balm and the pigment is light enough that you can either choose to wear it as a soft splash of pink or build it up into a brighter shade. Superdrug, £1.99.

2True Colour Drench Lipstick (Shade 5) - This lipstick is such a gorgeous shade! It's sort of a purple/red/pink-ish colour with a subtle shimmer. The pigment is the opposite of the MUA Lipstick - the shade is very strong on my lips, but can be pared down using a tissue for a more subtle, day-time look. I love this! Superdrug, £1.99.

Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint (Shade 9) - 'Lipfinity' is definitely right! This red lip stain literally lasts all day long, through meals, snacks and drinks without even a smudge or need of a top-up. I often wear this when I can't be bothered to make an effort with my make-up and it gives me so much confidence! Boots - £6.99


Left - Right. 2True Colour Drench Lipstick (Shade 5)//Make Up Academy Lipstick (Shade 4)//Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub//The Body Shop Raspberyy Lip Balm//Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint (Shade 9)


Make Up Bag - Brantano Footwear, £4.00.

So there you have it! Do you use any of these products? What do you think of them?

Let me know! xo




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the comments lovely, glad you're enjoying the blog! xx

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely selection, adore the LUSH lip scrub :-). Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'd like to follow you too. Drop me your bloglovin' link on my blog. x

    Raves 'nd Ramblings
    I'm also on bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try a lush lip scrub!heard so many lovely things about them. I had one of those blushes too, how good are they?! And such a bargain too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh they're amazing! I was always a bit put off because of how expensive they are but the tiny pot is literally full to the brim and a little goes a long way with them! xx

      Delete