Thursday 27 March 2014

Health & Fitness Update #3

 
Hello everyone! And sorry for my unexpected disappearance. I'm nearing the end of my college course and with the impending finish date brings a whole host of exams and panic and stress. So I've been cramming everything from my multiple notebooks into my head lately and haven't had much time to sit down and write a blog post.
 
But I just thought I'd check in and give you a little health and fitness update. I have to admit I've been slightly unhealthy this week, with a McDonalds and Chinese take-away happening both within the same week a two-day time span. This is partly due to the fact I'd been too busy to shop for healthier things and partly due to the fact that I honestly couldn't be bothered to cook. But I'm still only drinking water (unless you count a sip of my boyfriend's Dr Pepper when he wasn't looking) and my skin is looking fresher than ever. I rarely wear foundation anymore! But the crappy food has taken it's toll as I felt lethargic and simply ill within a day of eating it. Whether that was due to coincidence or not, I can't wait to get back on track after a good food shop this weekend.
 
Exercise-wise, I do personally feel that I've been kicking ass. I have some cool new apps on my phone that are fitness related (let me know if you would like me to do a post showing these apps) and I have finally taken to writing down in a notebook what exercise I do and when. Sit ups and wall sits were a bit of a pain last week, but this week I can do them effortlessly. Which naturally means that I do more of them more often so my muscles don't get used to easy workouts. Again, if you would like a post showing my regular work out, let me know and I'd be more than happy to upload it.
 
Favourite healthy foods this week:
 
Apples. Oh my god, I could eat them all day. In fact, on Monday I ate two within the space of about half an hour, simply because I couldn't wait to eat the next. Healthy binging is okay sometimes, right?
 
Wholegrain tomato and herb bagels. Now I know this isn't exactly healthy, but hear me out. Toasted with a sprinkling of grated cheese in the middle, this tastes better than pizza and definitely curbs those cravings.  If you're having trouble kicking your pizza habits, I'd say to try this!
 
Broccoli. This is so plain and simple, but I've been really enjoying eating broccoli. Paired with wholegrain pasta and some chicken/turkey, it's so good! It's great for filling up my plate, too, as I've now started to section vegetables on half of my plate, carbs on a quarter and protein in the other quarter.
 
I hope you guys had a lovely week, and for all of those out there who are considering/pushing through a health & fitness lifestyle change, keep going! It will all be worth it in the end, promise!
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment