Monday 14 April 2014

HAUL: Books & Home Decor!

 
Well, well, it's definitely been a while since I popped up a new post on my little blog! I recently found myself in a bit of a slump with no motivation to really do anything, in any aspect of my life - college, work-out, eat healthily - so I took a few weeks away to myself to kind of re-grasp my reasons for doing things. Do you ever have that? Also the fact that I'm nearing the end of my college course and have no real idea of what to do with my life has definitely spooked me. All-round, I've had a difficult few weeks, but let's just put that behind us and get on with this haul!
As you can tell, I've been on a bit of a book splurge. I find that when I'm having trouble with reality, a book is a nice place to be instead. So as well as re-reading old favourites (Mockingjay, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower & The Fault In Our Stars), I've picked up a few new books lately. Firstly, I got Looking For Alaska by John Green. I have to admit, I had high hopes for this book as I liked The Fault In Our Stars, but I have to confess I'm not really into it. Not sure why, but I just find it quite... uninspiring. I don't feel a real connection to the plot or the characters, so have deserted this book half-way through. If anyone has read it and feels I need to read on, let me know! Next, I got A Game Of Thrones by George RR Martin. I haven't actually read this yet, but have seen adverts for the TV show and think it looks amazing. I don't have the channel that it runs on, so naturally the next best thing would be to read the book. I got these two for a 2 for £7 in Tesco. The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell and Cinder by Marrisa Meyer were charity shop finds, for £1 and 50p respectively. I naturally had to pick up The Carrie Diaries following my love for SATC and I've heard great things about Cinder, so am looking forward to reading both. City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare follows my adoration for the Clockwork series, also by her, and is the first book in the Mortal Instruments series. I got this for £3.85 from Asda. And finally, my little love, The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien. My dad actually got this from a car boot sale for me for 50p! From reading the first few pages I can tell I'm going to adore it. Incidentally, I also bought The Desolation Of Smaug on DVD and have watched it twice since.
 
Home-ware-wise, I picked up a few things from Poundland: the little decorative jar, the strawberry and melon scented pillar candle and this amazing macaroon print chopping board. Not sure what I'm going to do with the latter yet, but how adorable?! Such a great find. Maybe just use it as a desk protector for my make-up? As for the jar, I think I'll either store cotton buds or write down all my to-be-read books and chuck them in there, ready for plucking when I'm lacking inspiration. Lastly, I bought two little Yankee Candle tarts from the Yankee Candle store: Strawberry Cheesecake and Summer Scoop. Yum!
 
I hope you all had a lovely weekend!
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment