Monday 28 April 2014

April Favourites 2014



 
 It's that time again: here are my April favourites!
 
Let's kick things off with my new obsession: Avon's 'Perfectly Flesh' Nail Varnish. How gorgeous is that shade? A lovely pinky-nude that works well with gold and silver jewellery and makes my skin look so healthy and glowy. £6 - Avon. Next up, the mascara I pulled out in my recent Shopping The Stash post, Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Retro Glam mascara. I've been really enjoying this, it coats my lashes with a dark black colour and really lengthens and lifts. I do with it was a tad more thickening, but hey. The brush is quite unusual and does take a few attempts to work out how to use it best, but I think it's shape is perfect for coating lower lashes without smudging. £6.99 - Boots. Another recent find in the backs of my drawers is the Anatomicals Snog Me Senseless lip balm. A tingly, minty offering that coats my lips in a clear sheen similar to a lip gloss, but without the heaviness and stickiness. I quite like using this in the morning as a bit of a wake-me-up, as the scent and tingle I do find very refreshing. £2.55 - Asos. Lastly, beauty-wise, I've been loving the Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream. I had a bit of a run-in with a make-up wipe that my skin didn't agree with (nothing unusual there!), which left my under eyes very flaky and dry. A little of this applied before my concealer for a few days and the problem was solved! £1.74 - Boots. And finally, a little non-beauty favourite thrown in for good measure: the Yankee Candle Tart Melts. This one is the Strawberry Buttercream, but I also picked up the Vanilla Frosting and Summer Scoop. I adore these, they're so much cheaper than a proper candle but give off all the same scent and power. Popped in the top of an oil burner and left to melt, it fills my room with gorgeous fragrance. £1.25 - Yankee Candle.
 
xx

4 comments:

  1. the tart melt sounds so lovely!

    http://velvet-winter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh strawberry buttercream tart sounds amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I completely reccomend it if you like sweet scents! xx

      Delete