Saturday 18 May 2013

The Summer Transition: Pink-Toned Lips.


Hi everyone!

It's been such a busy week for me! I'm down to my last unit in college and then I'm finally fully qualified! I've been accepted into Level 3 so I'm going to continue my studies but who knows what the future holds!

As I'm sure you've read, 'The Summer Transition' is a new series of posts I've put together showing the changes I've made to prepare myself for the summer. I'm planning to focus on products (here), style, exercise, make-up and diet. I was originally going to sum up my make-up changes in one post but I'm so in love with these lipsticks (and scrub) that I thought they deserve their own post!

Bottom - Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Oxford St Fuchsia // Middle Left - MUA Lipstick in Shade 4 // Middle Right- MUA Lipstick in Shade 3 // Top - 2True Colour Drench Lipstick in Shade 5
LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub
I think I've mentioned most of these products in my make-up faves post (here) and I've been using them quite a while but I literally cannot stop raving about them! The Rimmel Lipstick and the MUA Lipstick in Shade 3 are my most recent purchases, the Rimmel one I scouted in the poundshop (!) and the MUA one from Superdrug. 

Sometimes in the Spring/Summer I lean towards more natural looking make-up but this year I've been exploring my colour options and decided to go all out!



Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Oxford St Fuchsia 

This lipstick is my new baby! I call it my 'Barbie Pink' lipstick as the shade on the lips is really bright and pigmented but at the same time is the perfect, wearable shade. I wore this to college recently and received several compliments about it. Despite it being my new fave, I'm actually terrified to use it as it was such a bargain price and don't want to run out of it! It's staying power is incredible, even without applying it with a brush, and will last me through three meals a day without budging. 

You can buy it here for £6.29 from Superdrug.




Make Up Academy Lipstick in Shade 4

As I'm sure you can tell by the amount I have left, this is my most used lip shade! It's a lovely light pink that isn't too pigmented and is perfect for a 'barely there' make up look. I'm not going to lie, the sustainability of this isn't amazing (I have to top up a lot throughout the day) but for the price I'm not complaining. This lipstick is really hydrating and stays on lips with a glossy finish.

You can buy here for £1 from Superdrug.



Make Up Academy Lipstick in Shade 3 

I've had my eye on this gorgeous red/pink shade for so long! It's seriously pigmented on the lips straight from the bullet but I prefer the look of it when applied with a lip brush. Like my other MUA lipstick (above) it's staying power isn't incredible but again the price is so good you can't complain! I can apply this without the use of a lip balm before because of how nourishing it is, and I also have a thing for the smell (does that make me weird?!).

You can buy here for £1 from Superdrug



2True Colour Drench Lipstick in Shade 5

This colour actually looks a lot darker/more sparkly in the bullet than it is once applied on the lips. I always apply this with a lip brush as I find it applies really thick and messy without using one. I usually wear it if I'm not making an effort with the rest of my make-up and it makes me look like I have! 


Left - Right. Rimmel Moisture Renew in Oxford St Fuchsia, MUA Lipstick in Shade 3, MUA Lipstick in Shade 4, 2True Colour Drench Lipstick in Shade 5


LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub

Finally is my dearly beloved LUSH Lip Scrub! The delicious scent, the simple packaging, the gorgeous colour... need I go on?! I use this every night after I've finished with my skincare routine (full post on my routine coming tomorrow!) and it leaves my lips soft, lightly tinted, and, well, tasting frickin' amazing! 

Buy it here for £5.25 from Lush.co.uk


So there you have it! My favourite lip shades for Spring/Summer. 

What are your fave shades?

xo

8 comments:

  1. MUA Lipstick in Shade 4 is gorgeous!!! great post :D i love pinks as well for my lippies hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's really subtle but you can still tell you have it on :) such a bargain too, going to have to buy another soon! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the MUA lipstick in 3! It looks perfect for everyday wear!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ps. thanks for the lovely comment you left on my post about the 8 hour cream! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I've haven't had this long but I've been wearing it every day since I bought it haha!

      you're welcome! :) xo

      Delete
  3. Beautiful lippies. I love the lush lip scrub too

    http://beautysupergirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & yeah, I went in LUSH yesterday and almost walked out with the Mint Julips one too! x

      Delete
  4. Wow a lip scrub, totally getting that :p
    www.thr-romanticiser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! Lush is one of the only places I ever found them! x

      Delete