Wednesday 1 May 2013

MUA Nail Varnish in 'Bold Blue' Review!


I'm a big big fan of Make Up Academy products. I've used their eyeliners and brow pencils, I'm quite frankly obsessed with their lipsticks and I've added more than a few of their eye shadow palettes to my Make-Up Kit but I've never purchased a nail varnish until now! The shame! 

I have to admit, though, that the first thing that drew my attention was the bottle. How much of an obvious dupe is it to the fabulous Essie's?! Aside from being considerably smaller, they share the same bottle shape, lid colour and naturally the company logo stamped into the glass. 



ANYWAY, the second thing that attracted me was this gorgeous shade of blue. It's been dubbed 'Bold Blue' (finally the product shades have names!), and the colour sort of reminds me of what I would call 'sky blue'. 

And the product itself isn't too bad. The end result (after two coats) has a nice shine to it without a top coat and it lasted me at least 3 - 4 days before it began to chip. I'll admit the coverage isn't the best, but from a distance you can't really notice the odd streaky patch. The brush and bottle size are really quite tiny, especially next to my Barry M bottle, but for a £1 price tag I can't complain! I expect I'll get maybe four or five wears of this before it becomes a problem, but no doubt by then I'll have moved onto my next shade.



Have you tried any MUA nail varnishes? What did you think of them?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment