Sunday 19 May 2013

My Skincare Routine (Sensitive Skin)


Hi everyone!

Ever since I started my Skincare Guide (sensitive edition here & oily edition here) I've been saying I'm going to give my final verdicts on my personal products and I've never gotten around to it. But I've finally had time to sit down and write this post, (plus I think that using the products for as long as I have can give me a more rounded opinion on them) and so without further a do here's what I thought!

L'Oreal Plentitude Gentle Eye Make Up Remover // Boots Simply Sensitive Cleansing Lotion // Boots Simply Sensitive Gently Refreshing Toner // Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Moisturiser // Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream
I might as well start with a brief outline of my skin type. I've given a more thorough description in my sensitive skincare guide, where you can also find advice and 'diagnositic' tips if you have sensitive skin, but I'll just give you the basics. 

My skin is partly dry (mostly on my forehead and nose), sometimes a little red (on my cheeks), sometimes oily (during a certain time of the month) but over all extremely sensitive. I can't use any brand of facial wipes (not even Simple), and most exfoliators leave me very red and sore so it's always a bit of a struggle to find products that suit my needs.

I think it's safe to say I've found them! All of the Boots Simply Sensitive range contain no fragrance and no colour, plus it's infused with soothing aloe vera which is a sensitive/red skin super ingredient! 



Simply Sensitive Cleansing Lotion 

I adore this cleanser! This lotion is the sort that you wipe over skin with a cotton pad (I use two at a time, plus I double cleanse) and wipe off with the toner. At first I was a little skeptical, feeling this would leave my skin feeling heavy with product and, quite frankly, more dirty than before. But I actually prefer not having to use water! It's the perfect lazy girl cleanser - I cleanse whilst I'm in bed! I always double cleanse, the first cleanse acting as a make-up removal and the second a deeper skin cleanse and I always find my cotton pads coming away clear on the second round! My skin feels more nourished and smooth, plus looks so clear. I hardly have any blemishes - it also works well during my oily spells!

Simply Sensitive Gently Refreshing Toner

I use this toner to remove the final traces of cleansing lotion from my skin and to close pores. A little amount on one cotton pad is enough for a quick wipe-over, and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed. My skin has accepted this very willingly, and it doesn't leave me feeling tight and sore like some others I've tried! Love it.


L'Oreal Plentitude Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

I've had this make-up remover for a long time, but it had been stored away with my other beauty rejects for future reference until I was pawing through the drawer the other day and found it again! I've always struggled with removing my eye make-up as most make-up wipes leave my skin burning but this product does the trick nicely! I use two cotton pads (one for each eye), and simply hold the pad on my eyelid for 3 - 5 seconds before wiping downwards and it removes all traces of make-up so quickly! This is also a must-have if you have Eyelash Extensions as it's oil free and wont effect the glue.

Simply Sensitive Hydrating Moisturiser

I've suffered from severely dry skin on my forehead and nose for as long as I can remember, meaning that for a good part of my make-up wearing life I've had to avoid any power-based products (including face powder, sigh!) but this moisturiser sorts out my dry skin easily. I apply twice a day - once in the morning before I put on my make-up and once at night at the end of my skincare routine and it leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated without looking oily or shiny.

Simply Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream

I'll admit this isn't a regular in my skincare routine. However, I am prone to flakiness all around my eye area and this cream sorts out dryness really well. It isn't too thick and doesn't take forever to sink in, meaning I can apply make-up within minutes!

You can buy the Boots Simply Sensitive range here. Prices vary between £2.49 - £3.79. (However these products are regularly on sale so keep an eye out!)

What products do you use on your sensitive skin?

xo 

4 comments:

  1. Inspired! Great post!

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post! it's great when you find products that work :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win asos, topshop or space nk vouchers + a goodie bag! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and yes definitely! They're such a bargain too x

      Delete