Saturday 15 February 2014

Bedroom Updates: Jewellery & Perfume Storage!

 
It's been a long time coming with many hours spent on Pinterest and a jewellery storage inspiration post here on my blog but I've finally took a step towards sorting out the storage for my bedroom. I wanted something that was pretty as well as practical, but also displayed my jewellery in such a way that I'd remember to wear it. In these two storage devices I have only a few pieces but they're certainly my favourites. My other pieces that require a home are more statement things such as chunky bracelets, collars and chains that couldn't fit in with the things I have now on display.
 
Let's start with my favourite: the photo frame (bought from The Range). I got this heart shaped photo frame for my birthday years ago, but as the little heart clips didn't meet together properly the photos just kept falling out and so I'd pushed it aside until I discovered it again earlier. The gaps between the clips are perfect for arranging chains inside without risk of them becoming caught or damaged and also make cute little hangers for earrings. Stored on here I have two necklaces, two pairs of earrings, a bracelet and a ring. I hang this on my wall next to my full-length mirror.
 
 
  Arrow Bracelet - Topshop
Bow Ring - Charity Shop
Gold Chain Earrings - Charity Shop
Chevron Feather Earrings - Primark
Eiffel Tower Necklace - Avon
Deathly Hallows Necklace - eBay
Secondly I have an adorable little breakfast tray that my mum bought me. I keep this on top of a chest of drawers in front of my books but it's in a patch of bad lighting so I just placed it on my bed to be photographed. The colours are a bit all over the place but I like that thrown together, eclectic feel. On the left hand side of the tray I have my cute little mint green and gold polka dot tea cup and saucer, where I store my River Island midi rings and my pearl bracelet. I don't wear a lot of rings as my fingers are so tiny it's hard to find any that fit me and my Crown Ring I keep stored by my bed in it's little case so I don't have much in here. On the right hand side of the tray I have a small variety of perfumes - Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck Enchanted, a mini Nina Ricci Nina and my boyfriend's Black Suede. I also have a chunk of natural Amethyst placed next to it for decoration.
 
I still have a long way to go with my bedroom but it's just finding the time (and the money) to do everything properly! I hope you like what I've done so far, let me know what you think!
 
xx

6 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! I am moving house at the moment so am always looking for decor inspiration! Great post :)

    Rosie x itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these storage spaces are adorable! I especially love the jewelry storage!

    www.fashionsontop.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your storage looks so pretty, particularly loving the Deathly Hallows necklace...

    ReplyDelete