Sunday 2 February 2014

My Week #4


 
Photo Captions: quote of the week // testing out new skincare // sisterly manicures // sharing is caring! // sweet potato jackets with chicken breast and sweet corn // book of the moment // 'spa' bath with my sister: marshmallow candle and Christmas snowman bath bomb // on towel duty at college // my favourite, most gorgeous birthday present from my boyfriend
 
A bit of a change from the normal lay-out of this post, but I thought I'd have a bit of a ramble at you guys rather than listing my favourites and what I've been watching because to be honest, it's been such a crazy week I haven't had much time to do much of anything!
 
one. I'd like to announce: it's my birthday tomorrow! I'm officially going to be 19 which is actually a little terrifying but it's given me a bit of a reality check about all that I've achieved since this time last year and I feel like I'm allowed to have a bit of a calm down instead of rushing through everything all the time.
 
two. Although see the quote pictured: 'remember why you started'. I've been hitting a bit of a mental block lately with blogging and creative writing, mostly because there's always that little doubt in my mind about the quality of what I do and all manner of other self-conscious things. I've had this quote as the background of my iPhone to remind me to remember the reasons I love all of these things.
 
three. Another birthday related thing, I'd just like to take the moment to have a complete fan girl about the beautiful ring my boyfriend bought me. It's a handmade tiny little silver crown. He had to have it specially made for me as I have the thinnest fingers known to man, but isn't it beautiful. It's not often I post really personal things onto my blog, but I just couldn't not share this! I should be uploading a photo diary about my birthday as we're going out for a meal this evening with my family so a better photo of it will be included in that!
 
four. I've brought no beauty related things home this week, although I have added a few new books into my Play.com basket: The Mortal Instruments and The Fault In Our Stars. I have also finally moved onto the third and final book in the Infernal Devices series: Clockwork Princess. I'm enjoying this one a lot more than I enjoyed Clockwork Prince despite the fact I'm only a hundred or so pages in.
 
I hope you all had a lovely week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment