Wednesday 5 June 2013

LUSH Dirty Shaving Cream Review (Mens)


Hello everyone!

Father's Day is just around the corner (depressingly my dad's birthday is as well, sigh!) and I find there is literally nothing worse than shopping for a guy. Well, at least that goes for the guys in my family.

They like what they like, and nothing I or anyone else says will alter that. They don't want anything they don't need, which is universal knowledge, meaning they end up with too much of the stuff they do need, meaning they don't need it anymore. Did you follow that?

Personally, I think I'm going to stick to the basics this Father's Day. A nice coffee, a Toblerone and a card will suit my dad & step dad just fine. However, because of my dad's birthday approaching as well, I thought I'd show you what I'm buying him before Father's Day in case it inspires you for a gift idea!



I actually bought this as a gift for my boyfriend for his birthday back in May (I might upload a post about the other gifts I bought him as well!). He's a secret lover of Lush (especially their bath bombs... but don't tell him I told you that) and so I took a venture into town after college to take a look at their men's products.

I quite liked the idea of buying him a shaving cream, as he gets quite sensitive skin after he shaves and after chatting to one of the sales assistants, I decided on Dirty "a superb shaving cream with oatmilk to cool and calm, safflower oil to moisturise and honey to soothe". 

The scent of this is actually really strong, even after use - I'm literally sat here writing this at the desk with my boyfriend on the sofa across from me and I can smell it from here! The fragrance definitely comes from the addition of Lavender and Sandalwood oils within the ingredients list, and it smells amazing. 

Now, obviously, I can't vouch for the effectiveness of this shaving cream - as opposed to Ambrosia, this cream is much thicker and is strictly for use on the face (not that my boy would let me try it on my legs anyway...). 

I couldn't talk him into giving me full sentences of his opinion of this as he's on his Xbox, so here's a basic summary:

- Feels soft on skin
- Doesn't catch on blade even though it's thick
- Smells good
- Leaves skin soft after use
- Smell lasts for ages, so don't need to wear after shave
- Leaves me with hardly any redness after shaving

Believe me, coming from him, that's a good recommendation!

What gifts have you lined up for your dads this Fathers Day? x



No comments:

Post a Comment