Sunday 9 June 2013

Mini Haul! | Primark & Poundland


Hey everyone!

So I've been doing a little bit of shopping recently (and by little I literally mean everything in this Haul came to a grand total of £19!) and thought I'd show you some of the things I've picked up.

I worked at Primark as a Christmas Temp last year and during my induction they taught us about how Primark advertises - and it literally is through all of us. Bloggers, Youtubers and general fashion gossips are the way that they advertise their new ranges as they don't spend money on any flashy campaigns (tv ads or otherwise) which is essentially why their clothes is so cheap.

Anyway, here's what I bought at Primark! 

Sheer Shirt with Lace Collar, £12



It's a gorgeous sheer shirt with the most beautiful lace detailing on the collar and the cuffs. The colour of the fabric itself is a sort of cream / pale gold tone and is obviously very sheer. I got this in a size 8 and it's a little long on me but the sleeves aren't too bad and the material doesn't bunch up at the cuffs which is good. 

I'm wearing this to a wedding party on the weekend with the skirt that's also featured in this post and a pair of New Look wedges (blog post of my charity shop shoes coming soon!). I'm also planning to dress it down with a pair of boyfriend jeans and converse for a cool date outfit.






Khaki/Grey Crop Top, £3 
&
Black Mini Skirt, £3


These two were such total bargains!

I had originally wanted this crop top in white (I think they also do pink, black and navy) but as is the way with Primark, they didn't have it in my size! So instead I grabbed this one. The colour of it is a sort of grey/khaki shade (if that makes sense?!) which I quite like. It fits perfectly (size 6) and comes down to just below my rib cage. 

Being honest, I'm not really getting any fashion inspiration for this one so if you have any idea what I could pair this with please let me know!

I also got this simple black mini skirt. I got this in a size 8 and I wear it with the band on my waist line and the end of the skirt comes down to my mid-thigh (although it rides up constantly!). I was a little skeptical of the fabric - I always find that with tight Primark clothing you can see what underwear I'm wearing but I don't have that problem with this skirt! 

Perfect to wear with anything. I wore it recently with a white vest top tucked in, a sleeveless denim shirt and a pair of leopard print dolly shoes!

Primark Total: £18

I also took a trip down to my local Poundland recently and picked up another gorgeous Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick!

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Cherry-Licious, £1



I must admit, I was a little skeptical when I looked at this. I'm not really one to wear shimmery lip shades, as quite frankly they scare me! But the gorgeous glittery rose pigment in this colour is lovely. It's a sort of 'your lips but better' shade, just with a little more subtle sparkle that is really flattering. 

The lipstick itself had a nice buttery texture that can be applied straight from the bullet onto lips without any mistakes and doesn't even require a lip balm before hand as it's really moisturising. 




Poundland Total: £1

So that's all I've been buying recently! 

If you do have any ideas of what to pair with that crop top please let me know, I have no idea! It was a bit of a spur of the moment buy, mostly because it was so cheap to be honest!

I hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for reading!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment