Friday 18 October 2013

Review: Trevor Sorbie Beautifully Straight Blow-Dry Spray

Ah, I do love the Boots Clearance Counter.
 
Especially as I picked up this bad boy for 50p, purely because it didn't come with a lid! To be honest, I wasn't even entirely sure what it was at the time, I just sort of saw the price and my favourite hair styling words 'heat defence' and 'straightening', grabbed it and was walking out with it five minutes later.
 
 
This spray is basically a heat defence and straightening blow-dry spray. I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't have even picked this up if I'd've walked past it on a normal shelf. I don't have much faith in straightening products, mostly because despite the fact my hair's no where near curly it always flicks out no matter what I use, so I wasn't exactly holding my breath with this one.
 
But, it actually works.
 
I would love to say to you guys that in the colder seasons I take my time building elaborate hairstyles and curling my hair but, to be honest, I mostly just spend that time in bed. Not always, of course, I do love curly hair for the fall time, but mostly I just sort of wake up early but get up late and end up rushing around, no time for straighteners or complicated twists.
 
So a spray like this is perfect for me. It's official name is Trevor Sorbie's Beautifully Straightened Protect, Flatten & Shine Spray and I can say it lives up to all it claims. It's supposed to be used as part of a whole straightening routine (including shampoos and straightening) but I just use it on it's own and it works just fine. It's heat defending properties means my hair's protected even when blow-drying and can be used when even straightening at the highest temperatures. It also leaves my hair soft and silky with a slight shine.
 
I'm not sure of the official method for using this - it doesn't give any specific instructions - but I use it when my hair's wet and it works just fine for me. The end result is perfectly straight hair that lasts for hours. This spray wont last longer than a day, but will take you til your next wash/straighten.
 
Overall Thoughts:
 
A straightening spray that does just what it says on the tin (bottle). I'm not sure how it would fare against wavy or curly hair, but us straight haired girls will definitely see results. It's reasonably priced at £5.59 and available from most Boots stores so if something like this is missing from your routine, give it a go! My only problem with it would be the scent - it has a faint alcoholic smell to it but you can't smell it once it's settled into your hair, although it does make me wonder about the ingredient list.
 
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment