Friday 11 October 2013

My Top 4 Statement Lips (Best & Worst!)

 
 
Okay, so I have this little obsession with lipsticks. I don't really know where it came from as up until last year I had the opinion that lipstick was for more mature, sensible women than me and I was completely all about the eyes.
 
But since the day that I changed all that, I've grown quite a collection. I think lipstick is the thing I have the most random purchases of - even if the colour definitely isn't suitable for my look or my skin tone, I always buy it... just in case.
 
So today I thought I'd show you guys my top 4 Statement lipsticks (best & worst).
 
 
 
 
Left to right: Nivea Volume Shine Lipstick in Mauve Parure - Barry M Lipstick in 129 - Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Rogue - MUA Lipstick in Nectar
 
 
Nivea Volume Shine Lipstick in Mauve Parure -
 
One of my post recent purchases - a gorgeous deep berry toned purple. The formula of this is very thick and is one that definitely needs a brush to be applied or it will go everywhere. It has good staying power once applied in layers and adds drama to any outfit. I would recommend keeping all other make-up simple for a day look, where-as adding lashings of mascara and a cat-eye looks amazing with it for a dramatic night-out look. I got this for £1 from Poundland.
 
Barry M Lipstick in Shade 129 -
 
This lipstick is the 'worst' mentioned in the title. I was so excited when I bought this lipstick as I've been dying for a pale purple lip shade but sadly this was such a disappointment! The formula is so shiny and never dries so the slightest touch of your lips will cause a blur! The shade is completely un-wearable for me as it makes everything seem so yellow! My skin looks unhealthy and sallow and it's not very flattering for even the whitest teeth. Such a shame as it's a lovely pale pink toned lilac but it just doesn't work for me! I paid £4.25 for this from Boots.
 
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Rogue -
 
Although it looks much darker in the tube, this lipstick has a lovely deep red tone. In my photo it doesn't translate well (I think it was the bright lighting) but it works very well with my pale skin and looks perfect with just a few slicks of mascara for a ' I look like I've tried when I actually haven't' look. The staying power of this is incredible - I applied at 8am and it was still going strong at half past 2pm - and once dry it's not too matte or shiny. My lips simply look moisturised! I got this for £1 at Poundland.
 
MUA Lipstick in Nectar -
 
This lipstick is definitely my favourite out of the bunch. A gorgeous bright, wearable orange that sits beautifully upon lips and lasts for hours. It's brightness doesn't wash me out at all, in fact it seems to give some life to my face! It applies really well straight from the tube but does require layers if you want it to last all day. This lipstick can be taken from day-to-night with just an outfit change, I love it! I picked it up from Superdrug for just £1!
 
So there you have it! My top four best and worst statement lipsticks.
 
I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
xx
 
 


4 comments:

  1. This was such a helpful post! I bought the MUA one in Nectar a while ago but haven't got round to using it yet. It really suits you and you've reminded me to start using it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you! & yeah give it a go! it looks so scary but is actually really flattering :)! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the first one, it's perfect for winter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and yeah I think so too, really hydrating aswell! x

      Delete