Saturday 20 July 2013

What's In My Make-Up Bag: The Summer Edition


Hello everyone!
 
I apologise for the lack of post recently, but my dad was in hospital for a short stay and so I was with him at every spare moment! I also had my very first beauty related job interview, which was amazing!
 
I thought I'd make a bit of a comeback by sharing with you my Summer Edition of the very popular 'what's in my make-up bag' post! I think the last time I gave you guys a glance into my make-up bag was back in April (here) and so I thought I'd show you what I've still been loving since then and a few new favourites.

 
Face:
 
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in Light Porcelain.
 
I gave my first impressions on this foundation recently (here) so thought I'd use this post as a little update on how I've been getting on with it. The main thing that I drop from my make-up routine in summer is the use of foundation, but this is light-weight on my skin whilst giving light-medium coverage so it's perfect for hot days! The finish upon skin really is a 'my skin but better' look that's the perfect balance between matte and dewy. For a more thorough review on this foundation, refer to my First Impressions post.
 
Collection Cover Up Stick in Light Translucent.
 
This concealer has been a firm favourite of mine since my last 'what's in my make up bag' post! This bargain concealer is thick enough to cover imperfections and spots but light enough to use on my under eyes without creasing. It's super easy to blend and although there are only a few shades in the collection, I find the lightest is a perfect match for me.
 
Natural Collection Blush in Pink Cloud.
 
Another re-appearance from my last post! This was a recent repurchase of mine (as was the collection concealer above) as the disc containing the powder shattered! This time, the packaging seems to be intact and the product is every bit as amazing as I remember it. The colour pay-off is brilliant and easy to blend. For a more thorough review, click here.
 
Eyes:
 
Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara in Black and Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black.
 
Both of these Max Factor mascaras were also in my other post! I think it's simply because I can't find any others to replace them - they're that good! The 2000 Calorie one is the perfect mascara for lengthening lashes without clumping and also for use on the lower lashes due to the thin brush whilst the Masterpiece Max one is amazing for thickening and curling. I'm very loyal to my mascaras, and these have certainly earned their place in my heart, and make-up bag.
 
Make Up Academy Single Eyeshadow in Shade 17.
 
This eye shadow is an almost perfect skin-match to me, which means I use it more for it's concealing properties than as an actual eye shadow. It has a lovely, buttery feel which blends easily across the lid whilst concealing any blue veins easily. Amazing for only £1!
 
Primark Leopard Print Tweezers, £1 for two.
 
As tweezers go, these are actually one of the best pairs I've tried, even compared to the most expensive. The tips meet together perfectly and they grip the hairs really well. The pair I get the most use out of is the slanted tip pair, although in the set there's a straight tipped pair! I would definitely recommend anyone to buy them if you spot them in Primark!
 
Lips:
 
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Oxford St Fuchsia.
 
This is personally the best product I've ever found in the pound shop! The colour is the most beautiful dusty pink and the colour pay-off on lips is amazing even without using a brush! This lasts forever, even through meals and is super nourishing.
 
Lip Smackers Feast Lip Balm.
 
Another bargain Primark buy! This lip balm has the most delicious chocolate smell - not neccesarily like a Feast ice lolly but still amazing. I haven't had a chance to taste this yet as I'm still waiting for the diminish of my cold sores but as soon as they disappear I'll let you know what it's like.
 
Nails:
 
Rimmel I Heart Lasting Finish Nail Varnish in Marshmallow Heaven.
 
I'm not sure why, but I don't really understand the idea behind the name of this polish - any marshmallow I've ever had has been either green, pink or white but never mind! This pastel polish is the perfect shade for either fingernails or toes and the finish gives a lovely shine. I can wear this for 10 days without even one chip!
 
So, there you have it! If any of you write up your 'What's in my make-up bag' posts, please link them down below as I love reading them!
 
Hope you guys are enjoying the warm weather!
 
xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. I hope your dad is okay :(

    I love the Rimmel I heart lasting finish polishes and that one looks great1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much! He's fine now, just having a few tests!

    And yeah, same! This shade of this one reminds me of the Topshop one you mentioned in one of your recent posts! Amaze xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I hope you're dad is doing alright! And how exciting, fingers crossed for your interview :-). That lipstick looks amazing by the way, need to check that out. Wheres your make up bag from by the way? x

    Raves 'nd Ramblings | follow me on bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! he's doing fine now :) yeah I love that lipstick aswell, can't believe I found it in a poundshop! also the make-up bag is from Brantano Footwear xx

      Delete
  4. That polish looks like such a nice colour!i need to have a look for it in boots!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love it! such a bargain aswell, it's only £2.99 :)

      Delete