Saturday 27 July 2013

Update: Lush Seanik Shampoo Bar

 
Hi everyone!
 
I'm here today with an update on my Lush Seanik shampoo bar! I've seen a few other bloggers review these bars but I've never read an update that shows how long they've used it and how much is left so I thought I'd show you mine!
 
I first bought this shampoo bar back in April with the hopes that it would erase my doubts of how it would stand against my regular bottled shampoo and I can only say that it's done it's job - in more ways than one!
 
 
 
I use this shampoo bar 3 - 4 times a week, sometimes more if I'm going somewhere special, meaning it's seen me through over 50 washes so far and although the gorgeous blue colour has faded into a not-so-nice misty white it's washing power has remained the same. Size-wise, I think I've used around half meaning that Lush's promise of this bar seeing you through 80 - 100 washes is entirely right!
 
 
 
My natural hair is shoulder-length and fine, so maybe someone with longer/thicker hair than me would need to repurchase a little sooner but I find it's lasted longer than a regular bottled shampoo would, meaning that as well as meaning I have to purchase less, I've produced less waste which clogs up our landfills.
 
Post-wash this shampoo bar still leaves my hair feeling thicker and more volumised thanks to the added sea salt but still shiny and soft to touch due to the sea weed. I don't use any other volumising products on my hair anymore - something I always needed when using regular shampoos - which means that I simply need to blow-dry and straighten afterwards to get the desired effect.
 
Overall this shampoo bar is amazing - I would never dream of using a bottled shampoo again! It gives me all the volume and texture I desire whilst helping with the environment - something I feel as a blogger I should help people become more aware of.
 
You can buy Lush Shampoo Bars (and conditioners!) for around £5 from your local Lush store or online, and they come with a variety of scents and hair-effects depending on your hair type and desires.
 
For a more thorough review (plus pictures from before) of this shampoo bar, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment