Thursday 11 July 2013

Minion Nail Art #2 (Despicable Me 2)


Hi everyone, just a quick post to share this cute new version of the minion nail art I've shown you previously. For this look I used Revlon's Speed Dry nail varnish in Cupid, a silver nail varnish and a black nail art pen. But of course you could choose to do your minion any colour you like! If you're not feeling confident enough to do all of your nails as minions (as seen here on my other post) then this is a simple way to interpret the minions without the stress of perfecting all ten nails. As you can see from my photo, my minion is far from perfect but it keeps it original ;)
 
 
 
Step One: Paint all of your nails a colour of your choice. I chose a cute bubblegum pink. Once dry, use the long thin brush from the black nail art pen to create the minion's little clothing by sweeping it along the tip of your nail just like you would with French tips. This line can be as thick or as thin as you want, and the thickness doesn't have to match on each nail, messy lines are okay here!
Step Two: Mid-way up/down the nail, using the thin brush from the black nail art pen, draw a thick/thin black line. This is going to be the strap from the minion's goggles. Wait to dry.
Step Three: Create the minions eye with a white nail art pen/dotting tool dipped in white nail varnish. You can either choose to do one or two eyes, and you can also choose to use a silver nail art pen/varnish or even some glitter instead of simple white.
 
Step Four: Whilst your waiting for the eye to dry, using the pen tip of the black nail art pen, draw your minion a mouth. You can choose to do either a big smile, half smile, pout, anything!

Step Five: Using the tip of the black nail art pen, draw your minion a pupil in the middle of the eye. Wait to dry, and apply a top coat!
 
This is my current favourite way to wear minion nails as the colour is really summery and goes with a lot more outfits than classic minion yellow!
 
I forgot to mention this in the last post, but if you do try out minion nails then tweet me a photo on Twitter! I would really love to see them. My twitter is @laaurenpiperx
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment