Friday 12 July 2013

Boots & Poundshop Haul!

 
I've been waiting to post this haul as a video, but turns out my camera isn't too fond of me at the moment and wont let me record! So I've done the next best thing and took photos instead. Almost everything in this post was bought at a reduced price, either found on the clearance shelf (which is hidden way at the back of my regular store), in a 'buy one get one half price' offer or simply on sale. Except for the food, which I'm willing to pay full price for every time!
 
- I would like to point out that for some reason, blogger will only let me enlarge one photo per post... if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know! -
 
 
Skincare:
 
 
Boots Simply Sensitive Eye Make-Up Remover, £1.39 (on sale) - Boots.
 
I know I said I was going to persist with my Nivea Double Effects Eye Make-Up Remover, but I got so sick of shaking it up every day that I eventually gave in and bought this one - although I'm actually now back to the Nivea one. I thought I'd try this as it's from the same brand as the rest of the products in my skincare routine, but I sadly had a very bad reaction to this! So I don't think I'd recommend it for sensitive skins, but it should be fine for anyone else. The product itself is an oily make-up remover, and although it is a little too oily in my opinion, it's very moisturising and does it's job properly.
 
Clean & Clear Morning Energy Face Wash, £1.00 (clearance) - Boots
 
I bought this for my boyfriend as he's prone to blackheads on his nose and his skin is slightly sensitive so I thought I could try and tackle the problem by buying him a face wash with exfoliating beads rather than buying a straight up exfoliator. There were two other scents to choose from (one was orange, and I can't remember the other except it was a shimmery yellow liquid) but I got him this one basically because I thought it looked pretty... no idea how that works but hey. I'm not sure how well this performs as he hasn't used it yet, but I'll feature it in my Updates post to let you know.
 
Soap & Glory Wonderfill 3D Amazing Wrinkle Filler. £3.00 (clearance) - Boots.
 
Another product that's not for me! As soon as I saw this on the clearance shelf I grabbed it instantly without even looking at the actual product simply because I love S&G and I especially love it when it's at a discounted price. When I realised it was 'wrinkle filler', I thought of my mum (sorry!) as she's also a S&G freak and, well, because I thought it might be of use to her. The liquid itself has a 'toothpaste' texture, as to say it's quite thick and 'granular' whilst at the same time being easy to spread and blend. My mum uses this on her deepest of lines, and she feels it's softened the appearance of them significantly.
 
Soap & Glory Catch A Wrinkle In Time Day Moisturiser, £3.00 (clearance) - Boots.
 
Another purchase for my mother! She's not really prone to any dryness, and in fact I think she's the only person I've come across with a 'normal' skin type! However she finds this very softening and moisturising without leaving a greasy residue. Paired with the 'wrinkle filler' she's definitely noticed a difference in her fine lines, and as an added bonus both products have that traditional 'Soap & Glory smell'!
 
 
Make-Up:
 
Revlon Top Speed Nail Varnish in Cupid, £1.00 - Poundland
 
This colour was actually requested from a client of mine, as she wanted a 'bubblegum pink' shade on her nails following a manicure, so as soon as I saw this I jumped at the chance! I've actually fallen in love with this nail varnish, it's such a gorgeous colour and lovely to apply aswell. The brush isn't anything special with the standard width, but it applies like a dream and I only needed 1/2 coats per nail. Also, for once, I agree with the 'speed dry' name!
 
Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Nail Varnish in Marine Blue, £1.00 - Poundland
 
I'm pretty sure this type of nail varnish is no longer sold in Boots/Superdrug ect, however they're widely available online for a similar price. The shade I chose is a subtly shimmery blue/green shade which is highly pigmented with just one coat. The brush on this nail varnish is really wide, which is amazing to use as you can literally cover your nail in one slick. I also have this in a few other shades and I love them all!
 
Natural Collection Lipstick in Pink Mallow, £1.99 - Boots
 
I've been after this shade for a while (it's quite popular so is frequently sold out) as it's quite similar to my Rimmel Lipstick in Oxford St Fuchsia and I don't want to run out of it! It's a gorgeous 'dusty' pink colour with a matte finish. I find this formula really hydrating with good staying power, which is surprising considering the bargain price of this beauty!


 
 
Food:
 
Krispy Kreme Donuts - Original Glazed, Original Sprinkled and Pecan... something. £4.50 for three.
 
I'm not actually a big fan of Krispy Kreme donuts, simply because I can only manage to eat half of one without feeling sick, but when I saw that delicious chocolatey one that's coated with pecan nuts... well I fell in love. They're all so beautiful I almost don't want to eat them! Almost.
 
M&S Mini Salted Pretzels (55p) and Milk Chocolate Coated Pretzels (£1.19) - M & S
 
Aw, I love pretzels. In any shape or form I can get them. They're a (sort of) healthy snack and I prefer these to crisps as I find they have so much more flavour and contain a lot less fat and oil in them. Also, for people who have tried and like the Cadbury's Chocolate Pretzels, these ones from M&S (although there's less of them) are more thickly coated in chocolate and have more salt flakes! Delish.
 
I wasn't planning on this being such a long post, as like I said, I wanted it to be in video form but if I would've recorded this I probably would have gotten distracted by the food!
 
Hope you're all well, and hopefully enjoying some sunshine! xx


2 comments: