Friday 20 September 2013

My Fave Autumn Lipcare!

 
 
Hey guys!
 
 For me, if there's one thing that happens when it begins to cool off it's the beginning of unsightly chapped lips. This year I've come prepared with all manner of delicious flavoured/tinted/scented balms so hopefully I manage to get through this winter with lovely lips!
 
 
 
 
 
Here I have my current favourite lip products, featuring a mix of tinted lip balms, a scrub and some delicious flavoured ones too!
 
Tinted Lip Balms:
 
Tinted lip balms are my best friend in the winter as they're the perfect thing when your lips are craving moisture and are a great way to inject some colour into your look without the risk of drying your lips out. My most recent favourite is the Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch, a buttery soft stick with a lovely pale pink colouring and the most ridiculously amazing scent that kind of reminds me of pineapple. Another newbie to my collection is the NYC Applelicious Lip Balm in Applelicious Pink, a rose tinted balm that's a little grittier on lips due to the subtle sparkle but still gives long lasting moisture.  My last tinted balm is the Born Lippy lip balm from The Body Shop which has been a favourite of mine for as long as I can remember! My flavour of choice is Raspberry and it tastes as good as it smells! This balm is a lot thicker than the others and can be layered to create a sort of 'lip mask'. Basically I just apply a little more than necessary before I begin my make-up and then once I've finished I dab my lips down with a tissue and leave the residue to work the rest of it's magic! It makes such a difference, especially if I'm using a particularly drying lipstick that day.
 
Regular, un-tinted Lip Balms:
 
Following my love affair with the Pink Punch Baby Lips, I blagged my mum into buying me the Hydrate one earlier. This one has no colour pigments but still carries the same gorgeous consistency as the other and also has a faint, pleasant scent. Following Maybelline's claims of the hydration lasting up to 8 hours, I think this is a little overdramatic but it really does leave my lips baby smooth! Another lip balm that excels in staying power is the Lip Smacker balm in the Feast scent/flavour. Oh my gosh, this smells amazing and tastes delicious! It hydrates all day long and leaves a nice, subtle sheen to your lips. My last favourite is the Jelly Belly balm in Bubblegum. It has a lovely jelly-like texture that applies quick thickly on lips without being uncomfortable. Also smells lovely!
 
Lip Scrub:
 
If you guys have been following my blog for a while, you'll know of my obsession with Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub! It's mouth-watering, uplifting scent and exfoliating purposes are heaven in this cold weather and does a great job of preparing my lips for one of the chosen balms from above! It's a little pricey at £5.25 for a little pot, but I've been using it for almost six months and I'm not even halfway through!

Hope you guys are all well!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment