Thursday 5 September 2013

Review: Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint

 
 
I don't know what it is, but there's just something about red lips that makes me feel confident, powerful and, frankly, empowered. If I'm feeling a bit crap, or I've woken up late and need to look like I've made an effort when I really haven't, I always lean towards a bold red lip to help me through the day.
 
 
 
 
 
My very dearly beloved favourite is my Lipfinity Lip Tint by Max Factor, a felt-tip pen like lip colour that literally lasts all day long. And I'm for reals here, guys. It lasts ALL DAY. From long morning bus journeys and lunches to me chewing on my lips when I'm nervous, it doesn't budge. Not one bit.
 
The shade I have is 09 (no shade names, boo), a gorgeous deep red shade that is totally wearable and works really well with my pale skin tone. Personally, I think that the shade itself will be slightly altered depending on the natural colour of your lips as it tints instead of sits on top of your actual lips like normal lipsticks and glosses.
 
 
 
 
Applicator-wise, this felt-tip pen style allows precision when applying the tint as the point is very sharp and accurate (without being uncomfortable) and gives a very controlled distribution of the product itself to allow a neat finish. The trick to this is to line the lips first, and then fill in afterwards, kind of like what I used to do with my felt tips when colouring a picture!
 
Sorry, five year old moment there.
 
Moving swiftly on, the product itself is reasonably fast drying, which in itself is a help and a hinderance. It's useful because it means once the colour is in place, you can pretty much just carry on with your day and forget it's there, and it doesn't leave a sticky, heavy feel upon your lips. However, if you don't have the steadiest hand, you should prepare yourself to remove mistakes quickly!
 
The one thing that does irritate me a little about this is that it's not exactly waterproof - sure, I can drink from a glass/bottle without it running all down my chin and it's safe in the rain but poolside (let's all pretend we're going to be around a pool/beach for a little while longer!) it's going to be a problem if you're planning on going for a swim/being thrown into the pool by an annoying relative.
 
 
 
Either way, I am absolutely in love with this product, and it's reasonable price (£7.99) makes it even better. The shade range isn't the best, but because they have my perfect red I think I can forgive them for it!
 
-----
 
First week at college passed without any incidents, although my bus did drive past me this morning which was irritating, especially considering I woke up extra early to catch it! Starting on Body Electricals and full body massage next week, can't wait! Hope you all had a lovely first week back or, if you haven't/don't need to go back, I hope you all had  a lovely week having lie-ins.
 
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment