Saturday 14 September 2013

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips!


 
You know sometimes you have those moments with a new product and you literally think to yourself, "where have you been all my life?!" That's what I feel about the Maybelline Baby Lips. I was a little late on the bandwagon with this one as I really didn't know if through all the hype, the product itself was actually worth buying. How wrong I was.
 
 
 
 
The Baby Lips I opted for is 'Pink Punch' a deliciously sweet smelling balm that provides your lips with moisture and a light pink tint. The formula of this lipbalm is incredible, it literally is the softest thing ever! It glides across lips smoothly and evenly, coating them with the gorgeous sheen as it goes.
 
 
 
 
I first applied this a few hours ago, and the hydration is still going strong. Bizarrely, so is the scent. It's a very, very sweet scent that's really potent so if you don't like sweet smells I'd give this a miss as you'll literally be smelling it all day! It sort of reminds me of Lush's Think Pink bath bomb, so if you're a fan of that you're going to love this.
 
Another thing I adore about this product is the super cute packaging. The product itself is in a normal 'lipstick' style tube with a twisty bottom which I prefer in a lip balm, and the plastic is the most gorgeous bubblegum-ish pink shade. The cap is clear plastic with 'Maybelline Baby Lips' written in sherbert yellow in an almost graffiti font. If I'm being honest, it kind of reminds me a little of the 17 Blow Out Mascara.  It's fresh and fun and I love it.
 
Superdrug are currently running a promotion for two Baby Lips for £5, which I definitely would have considered if I hadn't already spent all my money! I paid £2.99 for mine and I don't regret a penny.
 
xx
 


4 comments:

  1. Great review! I wasn't sure whether to give into the hype of babylips or not but I think i'm going to have to, especially as they're 2 for £5! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the exact same thing about them, I don't normally look into hype products but I'm so glad I did! Let me know which ones you get!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. something about this product.. i've tried it several times and don't like it D;

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh, that's a shame! I've tried another one since and I don't like it as much as the Pink Punch I have to admit! x

      Delete