Tuesday 28 January 2014

Jewellery Storage Ideas

 

As I may have previously mentioned, I'm currently going through the re-decoration of my bedroom. This is turning out to be a very lengthy process for a number of reasons: 1. I'm a student and don't receieve much income so sourcing budget friendly items is rather difficult. 2. I'm a perfectionist and will refuse to buy said items unless I am completely, 100% sure that I adore them. 3. I'm waiting for a small amount of building work to be finished in my room before I change anything around.
 
But, I'm taking this impatient time to allow myself to completely plan out exactly what I want in my bedroom. Wether that's the paint colour, furniture or decorative touches.
 
My first matter of importance was nail varnish storage (which I have actually sorted out and will hopefully be posting soon). Next, I've moved on to jewellery.
 
Personally, I don't wear a lot of jewellery but I seem to have accumilated a small collection through Christmas, birthdays and jewellery sales in my favourite stores (I'm looking at you, Topshop). Here is a small montage of inspirational photos focussing on the storage and display of jewellery.
 
 
 
Necklaces & Bracelets:
 
 
Photo sources: Pinterest
 
As you can see, I have two obvious ideas in mind: beautiful little dishes/plates or displayed in empty photo frames. As beautiful as the dishes are, I think I'm leaning more towards the photo frames for a 'reminder' of what jewellery I have, simply because it's displayed more simply and is visually easier to take notice of what pieces I have. The dishes are more of a decorative touch, where-as the photo frames are more of a storage device if you see what I mean. I can imagine a pretty dish containing smartly arranged pearl necklaces on my dressing table, with an ornate photo frame laden with necklaces and bracelets hanging above it!
 
Rings & Earrings:
 
Photo sources: Pinterest
 
 
Kind of similar to the storage above, these two ideas feature either hanging up on the wall or creatively thrown into a container of choice. For earrings, I'm liking the simple rail as it's a quick and easy thing to source and to install. A trip to Ikea's kitchen section would be ideal for something like this, and for a budget friendly price too. As for rings, I think I prefer them all in a jumble together, displayed as they are in these photos on either a pretty cake stand or a dish.
 
I hope you liked this post and that you've gained some inspiration from it. I'm not entirely certain on what I'm going to go with yet, but the photo frames are my favourite. Keep a look out for more roomspiration ideas as I spend my nights procrastinating on Pinterest when I'm supposed to be doing my theory work.
 
xx


2 comments:

  1. I love collecting little bowls and dishes to keep my rings in. My bracelets/ necklaces are all jumbled up in boxes at the moment and I'd love to have them out on display. Definitely have a few ideas now-thank you!
    Good luck with the decorating!
    (and don't worry, I'm meant to be doing my essay right now haha- can't beat a bit of procrastination now and then)
    L xo
    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to have to start! I have a little tea set that I use for my rings at the moment but I want some that are a little more random.. you're welcome! thank you for the comment xx

      Delete