Saturday 4 January 2014

Review: Johnson's Daily Essentials Gentle Exfoliating Wash





My skin and I, we don't always see eye to eye.

I have dryness that requires exfoliating and oiliness that requires a good clay face mask, but my sensitivity leaves these requirements as wishes. I've experimented before with a few different products to fit these needs but they've always left my skin red and sore, meaning I've had an exfoliator-sized space in my skin care routine for quite a long time.

So following my renewed love with my Johnson's Daily Essentials Day Cream, I decided to branch out with the Johnson's brand and try their Daily Essentials Gentle Exfoliating Wash. Following my own advice given in one of my very first posts, my Sensitive Skincare Guide, the key words for me with this product were 'daily' and 'gentle'. Something suitable for daily use is always a lot less harsh than something that isn't and of course, 'gentle'  properties is a must have for someone with sensitive skin. Also, the fact that it is a exfoliating wash rather than a straight-up exfoliator was a plus as this lessens the harshness, too.

Moving onto the product itself. This face wash is a sort of creamy lotion that's enriched with tiny little exfoliating beads to help buff away dull, lifeless skin. You simply dampen your face with warm water, apply a little to your fingertips and work over the skin in a circular motion to really buff it into those flaky bits. Remove with more warm water, paying attention to those little beads to make sure all product has been removed. It does have a scent to it - it's quite a pleasant scent but it's certainly powerful. It's very similar to the smell of the Day Cream, just in a more concentrated form.

After using this wash last night, my skin feels lovely. There's a little redness afterwards but that's completely normal when exfoliating as it just means that you've invigorated the skin. I follow up with my Day Cream and my skin feels soft and smooth and looks fresher. I only needed the tiniest amount of moisturiser this morning when applying my foundation and I have hardly any flaky bits.

Overall I'm very happy to welcome this scrub into my skincare routine! I'm only planning on using it once or twice a week just to be on the safe side, but for someone with oily or really dry skin it'd be suitable for daily use.

Prices vary between £3 - £4 from places such as Superdrug or Sainsburys.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment