Wednesday 20 November 2013

Review: Lush Candy Mountain Bubble Bar


As I'm sure some of you know if you've followed my blog for a while, I'm a little bit obsessed when it comes to Lush products. In fact, one of my very first posts was showcasing their Seanik Shampoo Bar and I've featured several of their products since then.
 
 
 
Today I'm here with a review on one of their limited edition Christmas products: the Candy Mountain bubble bar. As I've mentioned previously, I don't really like buying limited edition products simply because I get way too attached to things if I like them and then it leads to bulk buying which leads to me not actually ever using the things because I'm terrified I'm going to run out.
 
Craziness aside, this is my very first trial with one of Lush's bubble bars. I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to try one out - but I'm glad I started my love affair with this beauty. I picked it up simply because of it's pretty pink, sparkly appearance and with the promise of the Sales Assistant of it's sweet candy scent. I was going to cave in to the hype and buy a bottle of the infamous Snow Fairy shower gel but decided against it for the reasons above and for the fact that it was around £4 for a tiny little bottle! This bubble bar offers the deliciously sweet scent but with sustainability and bubbles!
 
To use, you simply crumble a little chunk under running water to create frothy, foamy bubbles and lovely pink tinted water. Truth be told, I prefer to use this for it's scent and moisturising properties - I can't stand bubbles in my bath! They always work their way into my hair, especially when I don't want them to. So I can't give you guys any promises on a crazy Disney-movie-overflowing-washer scene but I can tell you that this smells divine. I got my baby sister to smell it and she described it as 'lemonady with a berry smell' which is pretty much on point. It definitely also has a hint of candy-floss-ish scent which isn't too sweet. The Lush website says it contains a vanilla fragrance but I honestly can't pick up on it!
 
Another reason to love this is because of it's gorgeous moisturising qualities. My skin feels super smooth and soft after use which isn't oily or greasy at all.
 
Overall I adore this bubble bar and I'm certain it's sparked a long love affair with them (next on my list is Karma). I've had 4 baths with this so far and I think I've got another 2 uses left with it but it of course depends on how much you use! An absolute bargain for £2.65, I'd love to see this in my stocking this Christmas!
 
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment