Thursday 21 November 2013

Step By Step: Catching Fire Nail Art! (The Hunger Games)

 
 
I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this before and I'd be very surprised if I haven't but I am a super crazy massive geek over The Hunger Games. I can pretty much have one sided conversations quoting any of the books (which I've read more times than I can count) and can explain situations from them to people who have never read them before in embarrassingly intricate detail.

 
 
So following this admission I'll also tell you guys that I may or may not have missed college today to go and watch it at 11am this morning (don't judge me). The film was INCREDIBLE and played so well with the book - I felt that The Hunger Games wasn't really up to scratch - but I think that whether you've read the books or not you'll love Catching Fire.
 
I better stop here before I start getting into more detail because I really wont stop.
 
Okay, moving on. In recognition of my love for The Hunger Games I decided to try out a nail art in honour of Katniss and Peeta's chariot ride outfit. I'm really really happy with the way it turned out and feel that even though this nail art is aimed at The Hunger Games, it could translate into a pretty night-out nail art if you use different coloured paints.
 
 
You Will Need:
 
Black nail varnish
 
Either red glitter nail varnish or just plain red
 
Either orange glitter nail varnish or plain orange
 
Either yellow glitter nail varnish or plain yellow
 
3 Eye shadow sponge applicator or a make-up sponge
 
Gold/silver glitter (only if you aren't using the glitter polishes)
 
Steps:
 
Step One: Paint all of your nails black. Apply two coats if needed.
 




Step Two: Using the red nail varnish, paint a blob shape from the nail tip down as far as you like. This will act as a guide for where you're going to apply the glitter, as well as adding a more colourful base.
 
 
 
 
 Step Three: Mix the red nail varnish and gold glitter together.



 
 
Step Four: Dip the sponge end of the eye shadow applicator into the glitter mixture and dap onto the red outline on your nail. 

Step Five: Repeat step 3 & 4 but with the orange nail varnish. Dab the orange glitter on top of the red, but begin half-way up the red.

Step Six: Repeat steps 3 & 4 but with the yellow nail varnish. Dab the yellow glitter on top of the orange, focusing more on the nail tip.

Step Seven: Seal the design with a top coat.

Finished!
 
I hope you guys enjoyed this nail art tutorial - I definitely enjoyed doing it! Although it's a little messy, I think it works. The end effect is a sort of bobbly, grainy, glittery fire which I think captures the feel of the outfits perfectly!


Source: Google Images.

If any of you guys end up watching Catching Fire, let me know what you thought of it!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment