Friday 1 November 2013

Borrowed From The Boys: Raiding My Boy's 'Beauty' Stash!

When it comes to packing an overnight bag, I am an absolute nightmare. I'll pack that book I haven't started reading yet and that moisturiser I really should work into my routine and the new shower gel I've been meaning to use up for ages and a bunch of other 'I might end up needing that' things.
 
I never end up using most of the things I pack (aside from my daily make-up pieces and toothbrush) which means I lug my prettifyers to and from my boy's house for no need at all. So I've given myself a little challenge: to only bring my make-up bag and change of clothes. The rest is coming from his beauty stash. I have some bits and pieces I've sneakily left behind from previous stays like make-up wipes and a hair brush but other than that I'm totally bust.

 
L - R: Lynx Fever Shower Gel, Joop! Homme, Head & Shoulder's Anti Dandruff Shampoo, Lush Dirty Shaving Cream, Adidas Anti-Perspirant Deodorant, Wilkinson Sword Razor.
 
 
One thing I probably should have considered before embarking on this challenge was my boy's skin type (which is normal/oily) compared to my more sensitive skin. So I couldn't pinch any of his skincare bits, but I managed to dig out a few gems that definitely made me stay a lot lighter luggage-wise!
 
Lynx Fever Shower Gel
 
I swear you guys, I could literally use this every single day. It smells divine. It's kind of fruity and kind of spicy, seriously if you see it in a store go and pick it up and give it a sniff! It's amazing, the scent lasts so so so long on the skin (I can still smell it now and I used it last night) and it's actually really moisturising! I think it's fairly cheap (£1 - £2) so it's also a great stocking filler for the man in your life!
 
Joop! Homme
 
I adore this scent! But really, I've always thought of it as quite a feminine one - I'm not sure why. I've nicked a couple of squirts here and there before and people always recognise it as Joop! but I'm not the only girl I know that wears this! It's a delicious scent, with base notes of Amber and top notes of Orange Blossom, it's quite citrusy which is something I look for in a scent. Again, this would be a lovely present for Christmas!
 
Head & Shoulders Anti Dandruff Shampoo
 
My man actually got this as part of a Gillette gift set for Christmas last year and he hasn't used it yet! So I thought I'd help him out as I'd left my dearly beloved Lush Shampoo Bar at home. I don't know what it is, but Anti-Dandruff shampoos give my hair crazy volume! It leaves my hair softly texturized and it feels thicker without being heavy and clogged with product. Love this stuff!
 
Lush Dirty Shaving Cream & Wilkinson Sword Razor
 
I gave my legs a speedy once-over with these two products and they're the perfect pairing for quick hair removal and super soft legs. The shaving cream is actually a little thick for use on us ladies, but I just applied the bare-minimum and it worked just fine. I also actually use this razor at home as I prefer men's razors over women's as I think they last longer so there wasn't much of a change there! For a more in-depth review of the Dirty Shaving Cream, I did a review a while back here.
 
Adidas Anti Perspirant Deodorant
 
Not much to say about this one! Lovely scent although distinctly masculine, kept me feeling fresh all day!
 
So although I did end up smelling distinctly more boy-ish by the end of my visit, I was very impressed how my man's product held up against my own standards! I don't think I'll be using the deodorant again as the smell was quite strong and I'm going to be using my own Shampoo Bar next time, but the shower gel and razor are going to be firm staples in my 'at the boyfriends' routine. Also, note to self, bring skincare products next time! Thankfully my skin was gracious enough to accept a face wipe for one night.
 
Hope you guys enjoyed this post, I know it's something a bit different but it was fun! And also I hope I've given you some gift ideas for the Christmas time!
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment