Sunday 25 August 2013

Review: 17 Blow Out Mascara


 
When it comes to mascara, I expect a lot. I desire long fluttery lashes that are perfectly curled and volumised without being heavy and clumpy. I thought I'd found my 'holy grail' mascara in my Max Factor Masterpiece Max, but sadly it's time has passed so I was on the look out for a new replacement. Cue 17's Blow Out, with it's promises of 12x volume and 'bigger, bolder, bouffant lashes'.
 
 
 
The first thing I noticed about this mascara was, obviously, the packaging. It comes in a thick, easy-to-handle tube that's jet black with fun neon writing. It's certainly not the most aesthetically pleasing packaging I've ever seen, and it's by no means sophisticated but I quite like it, I think it's quirky.
 
 
 
I'm also loving the brush. It's a lovely thick brush that's very easy to use, even on bottom lashes. You'd think due to it's size it would be very messy, but I find it's super easy to coat the bottom lashes with the briefest touch of the brush. The bristles slick through my lashes perfectly, providing even coverage and no clumps.
 
 
 
 
The formula itself is also really nice, and is enriched with Vitamin E and Argon Oil for deliciously nourished lashes. This mascara is lightweight even when I'm wearing a lot of it, which is only needed if I'm going for a really dramatic look as it's so volumising even with the slightest bit! The difference between my lashes with and without this mascara just proves how good it is, and in these pictures I only applied one coat very quickly. It's also unscented, which is great as I find some that come with a faint scent always irritate me.
 
 
What do you think of this mascara? Have you ever tried it?
 
This mascara (as well as several other 17 ones) are currently on offer for £4 at most Boots stores.
 
xx
 
 

5 comments: