Thursday 22 August 2013

Review: Lush Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb

I've finally done it, guys.
I finally caved and bought the Dragon's Egg bath bomb after thinking about it for months and standing there for ten minutes smelling it in Lush, on Saturday I actually bought it. It's one of Lush's larger bath bombs, and retails for £3.25. It's actually really heavy, and I'm going to warn you it's super powdery and leaves your hands covered in it!

This bath bomb is a 'layered' bomb, which basically means once one amazing part of it dissolves another surprise comes up. I'm not going to go into too much detail as I think it's worth trying for yourself, but each part basically symbolises a dragon's egg cracking, complete with the snapping noises and swirls of fire. 

I am going to say though, I did have a slight allergic reaction to this! Not so much so that I had the puffy face thing going on (which I have had before), but sort of itchy and blotchy. I think it's due to the Lemon Oil in the recipe, as I've found that with in some lemon scented shower gels containing Lemon Oil I've been allergic too as well. The troubles of sensitive skin!
 
So, after watching the gorgeous, elaborate bath bomb dissolve in my bath (which took around 5 - 7 minutes, as it's quite a large one), effectively turning the water a shimmery, liquid-gold shade and plunging my hand into the deliciously soft liquid, I pulled it out to find my skin lovely and silky, but sadly very blotchy and itchy. The scent was gorgeous, though and filled my bathroom with it's lovely, lemon-y sweet perfume. To be honest, I should have worked out my to-be-irritations just by the smell, but it didn't even occur to me.
This bath bomb does exactly what it says on it's non-existent tin. Fiery swirls of colour and glitter and loud, random cracks of popping candy make this a cool bath time treat for adults and children alike. The scent lasted the whole time my sister was in the bath (which was around 30 minutes) and still lingered sweetly in the room for an hour or so afterwards.
I was so disappointed that I couldn't enjoy the bath as the water really was silky, but my sister took full advantage of my allergic reaction so at least one of us enjoyed it. I do have to say though, the softness of the water didn't really do much to her skin, so I think you'd still need to exfoliate and moisturise for pure silkiness.
Hope you guys are well!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment