Sunday 18 August 2013

Liebster Award! (1 & 2)


 
Hey guys!
 
I am so so excited that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award twice! Once by the lovely Bea from Beatrice Sapphire and once by Stef from Scottish Stef's Nails. Both blogs are amazing, you guys should definitely check them out!
 
 
 
Also while I'm here being all appreciative, I thought I'd give a lot of love to my new followers & of course all of the followers I've gained since starting Mega Beauty. You guys don't even know how ridiculous I look with my huge smile when I see you've commented on/viewed/followed my blog! It literally makes my day.
 
I'm sorry this is going to be such a long post, but bear with me :). I would also just like to point out I was planning to do a DIY Sunday post today, but once again my camera and I are at odds so I'll definitely do one next week! So sorry :(
 
So I thought since Bea nominated me first (ages ago by the way, I'm so so sorry it took me so long to do this!) I'd go through her questions first.
 
How did you choose the name of your blog?
 
My blog was originally called something else but I didn't like it, so one day I was sat with my boyfriend trying to think of a name and he said something along the lines of "You say 'Mega' a lot, just call it Mega Beauty." and so I did haha!

 Why did you start a blog, did anyone inspire you?
 
My two biggest inspirations to start a blog were definitely Beauty Crush & Daisybutter. I followed their blogs long before I started blogging, and I still follow them now! They're my two favourites for sure. The other reason I started a blog is because I've always had a passion for the beauty industry but didn't feel confident in my knowledge so much, so when I started my Beauty Therapy course it gave me the confidence to share.

 How long have you been blogging for?
 
Since April 2013!

 What is your favourite high end cosmetics brand and why?
 
I don't think I actually have one! I use more high street make-up. But I do really really want an Urban Decay naked palette!

 What is your favourite high street cosmetics brand and why?
 
Rimmel or MUA. Rimmel's lipsticks and foundations are amazing & Make Up Academy's prices are insane!

 What is your favourite mascara of all time?
 
Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara.. wow that's really hard to say.

 Who is your favourite blogger or youtuber and why?
 
Beauty Crush! I love her style and she seems so down-to-earth in all of her videos!

 What do you look for in a blog?
 
I'm such a bargain hunter so I always look for blogs that show budget products and ideas! With fashion blogs, I look for people who have the same style as me.

 What is your favourite fashion item at the moment?
 
I just bought a Wolverine comic t-shirt from Primark, I'm such a Marvel geek and I adore it! I'm actually wearing it right now.

 Which is your favourite shop on the high street and why?
 
I'm going to have to say Primark! I'd say River Island for bags, though.
 
And on to Stef's questions:
 
1. Do you prefer prints or block colour?
 
Prints, for sure! I love zebra print, leopard print, floral print, paisley print...

2. Are you creative, academic or both?
 
I used to be way more academic, but since starting my blog I think I'm more creative now than I used to be!

3. Name one blogger and their blog that you would recommend?
 
My all time favourites are Beauty Crush & Daisybutter.

4. What's your favourite song at the moment?
 
Do you know what, I don't actually know! Probably Miley Cyrus, We Can't Stop.

5. What would your ideal career be?
 
My ideal career would be to be a professional author!

6. What are your favourite American TV programmes?
 
Aahh, Grey's Anatomy! I'm such a nerd for it. I have every single season on DVD. Or Glee! ahhh I love Glee.

7. What is your favourite nail polish brand?
 
Barry M!

8. Skater dress or bodycon?
 
I'd love to say Skater dress as I love them but by body is pear shaped and they make me look so off balance! So I'll have to say Bodycon.

9. What is your favourite make up product?
 
I could not live without mascara! Close seconds would be red lipstain or concealer.

10. Boots or Superdrug?
 
Ohh, this is such a hard one! I'd have to say Superdrug.

11. Bright nail polish or nude nail polish?
 
Bright! I especially love reds and pinks.
 
11 Facts about me:
 
1. People don't realise how small I am. I'm 4' 11''!
 
2. I'm going to a wedding in a few weeks and still have no idea what to wear.
 
3. Along with blogging, I'm a 'novel' writer.
 
4. I have an obsession with buying pretty notebooks.
 
5. I'm such an Xbox nerd. I'm actually on xbox live with my boyfriend right now.
 
6. I have 11 books in my 'to be read' list at the moment.
 
7. I wear glasses! They're prescription glasses, but they look like Nerd Glasses so no one thinks they're real.
 
8. Whenever I'm in Topshop/Miss Selfridge I always go towards the sales first.
 
9. When I go to Nandos, I always order the same thing! (Plain-ish chicken burger with just lettuce, side of chips and sweetcorn and a Fanta).
 
10. I bought myself a 'Glee' perfume the other day, and my boyfriend terrorised me about it all day.
 
11. I adore doing nail art!
 
So there you go, guys!
 
I nominate:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My questions:
 
What do you like most about blogging?
 
What do you like least about blogging?
 
What one piece of make-up are you obsessed with right now?
 
What one piece of clothing are you obsessed with right now?
 
When you're feeling down/ill, what's your go-to outfit/make-up look?
 
Describe your style in three words:
 
What's the last show you watched on TV?
 
Do you prefer stand-out make-up, or barely there?
 
What's your favourite high street store for clothing?
 
What's your favourite high street store for make-up?
 
Thanks for reading guys! xo

4 comments:

  1. Loving all of your answers to mine & Bea's questions and your facts about yourself!....awww your teeny tiny...I'm 5 foot 3 so I'm not that much taller!i have a friend the same height as u!:-)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh, thank you! and I know haha! my brother and sister (aged 13 and 14) are both taller than me :( and awh at least I'm not alone haha! xx

      Delete
  2. Great answers! I love Beauty Crush too, but I've never heard of DaisyButter! I'll definitely have to check her out! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and yeah, you so should, I love her blog! xx

      Delete